General Rules & Regulations
1. Competition is open to all citizens of Cumberland County except the Open Livestock Shows which are open to the world.
2. All articles placed on exhibit shall be under the control of
the superintendent of the department entered, and while every
precaution will be taken by the superintendent and watchmen to
prevent loss or damage, the Fair Association will in no case be
responsible for damage or loss that might occur.
3. No premium will be paid for any article taken from the grounds before the appointed time.
4. No premium will be paid on entries unless they are listed in this catalog.
5. In case there is only one entry competing for a premium, at the discretion of the judges, they will award 1st and 2nd prize as the exhibit deserves. Any entry that does not merit a premium in the estimation of the judges will be eliminated.
6. Premiums will be paid according the placing shown on the department head's book and not according to ribbon.
7. The decision of the judges will be final.
8. Only one entry in a lot may be made by an individual, except where shown under department rules.
9. Only one entry may be made in the name of the owner in any lot, and must be the work of the person actually entering it.
10. All exhibits must contain the amount called for in this catalog to be eligible for a premium.
11. No exhibit may compete for more than one premium, except where specified.
12. The fair will be governed by these rules unless exceptions are made under various departments, in which case, the rule under the department will prevail.
13. ITEMS ENTERED IN THE FAIR MUST REMAIN ON EXHIBIT UNTIL SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 6th, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED. ITEMS MAY BE PICKED UP SEPTEMBER 6th FROM 1:00 TO 3:00 P.M. EXCEPT WHERE POSTED IN THE VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS. ALL ITEMS NOT PICKED UP BY 3:00 P.M. WILL BECOME THE PROPERTY OF THE CUMBERLAND COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION.
14. All fair checks must be picked up and cashed within thirty days, otherwise they are void.
15. To enter an item in "any other" category, there must not be a class for that item.
16. Anyone entering items in the wrong age group will be disqualified.